Monday, July 22, 2019

The River Jacks, Rosalind, Alberta: July 20, 2019

Text and photos (c) Robert Barry Francos

This weekend - okay, yesterday - I attended a wedding reception in the small Alberta (Canada) town of Rosalind. The band that played there was the River Jacks.

Now, I'm more punker than a C&W guy, but this group was tight.  Yes, there were lots of covers I didn't recognize, not being up on the latest country hits (I was more of a country fan up-to 1975) and  they took me by surprise. I actually stayed longer than planned to hear them. That being said, they did a killer and much different version of "Take Another Little Piece of My Heart," one of the few pieces I did recognize.

The River Jacks are well known around the Camrose area (if I got the story straight, Chad went to Bawlf school with the Maid of Honor), and I'm not surprised. They are (alphabetically):

Tom Lichak (vox, guitar, bass)
Jeff Orom (drums / vox)
Myra Marshall (vox /guitar)
Garrett Richard (bass)
Chad Szott (guitar/vox)

If you get the chance to see them play at some fair or wedding or corporate event, and you're in a C&W bent, check 'em out.




















No comments:

Post a Comment