Sunday, September 19, 2010

Oh, How They Danced...

Text by Robert Barry Francos
Photos from the RBF Archive


This month would have been the 62nd wedding anniversary of my parents, Leo Francos and Helen Rosen Francos. In their honor I present some photo memories...

The 1948 wedding.


The honeymoon in Quebec.



My brother, Richard, a neighbor, and my mom in the very early days of the '50s. I'm not sure where this was taken.

They were known for their parties in the '50s. This is from a Halloween bash. Helen was a socialite, my dad at the other end of the spectrum, a beatnik.
The '60s had the Francos family dressed for a cousin's wedding.
Richard's bar mitzvah in 1965. I'm the big earred kid on the right. Leo and Helen was very happy that day.
The whole family waiting for the crowd to celebrate my bar mitzvah in 1968. My brother had a cool sense of fashion. Dressed up for another cousin's wedding in the early '70s.
They went back to Quebec on a family vacation in 1970, going to Montreal, Quebec City, and Niagara Falls. It was the first time I went to Canada. I took this photo somewhere in Quebec.

Helen passed away on June 25, 1981, and Leo on December 11, 2007.

RIP mom and dad.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing these wonderful photos with me. I loved them. Will pass them on
    With Love,
    Sy & Sylvia

    ReplyDelete