Wednesday, January 13, 2010

THE NEW YORK DOLLS: Tower Records, NY, 2006

Photos and text (c) Robert Barry Francos

Thanks to an invitation by major fan, Ben Kugel, I was able to catch the new New York Dolls play at a limited seating - I mean standing - performance at Tower Records on lower Broadway (now closed). The date was November 25, 2006, and all photos are by RBF.






[Scary]


[Still the cool kids]

[Ben Kugel in the white glasses]











Press-only photo shoot upstairs after performnace:

1 comment:

  1. Great photos!! talk about uber Dolls fans, next to Ben is Fern Weiss who probably has been a fan since '73 I'm guessing. I first saw them as The Dolls after Johnny left in May '76 (I was still 15) at Max's. Johnny used to come by and perform with them often when they played. One of the best shows was over the 4th of July weekend that year and Johnny showed up as well as Mick Ronson if I remember correctly.

    ReplyDelete