Monday, October 5, 2009

Photo Essay: On the Road to Winnipeg

Text and photos (c) Robert Barry Francos

The following photos were taken on a road trip from Saskatoon to Winnipeg, and back, though nearly all are actually in Saskachewan. Click on any photo to see a larger version.


Going
The Prairie
Driving into a weather change
Station closed
Still looking for decent pizza, but Pizza King's price is right
Yorkton elevator no longer in use
Reminds me of a different image from Poland
That first step is a doozy
Luckily, I didn't get out of the car to take this

Returning
Every town needs a mascot
Peaceful
Lonely grain elevator on a reservation
Appetizing
Didn't eat there, but I do love them
I'm guessing it doesn't stand for "Artificial Intelligence"
Not sandy at all
Up-to-date music

2 comments:

  1. Hey Robert, I find it funny that there's all of these elevators that go no where. ( Unless they had a better purpose )Nice photos. Reminds me of the photo trips I went on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jason, it's a shortened term for a grain elevator (such as the aboveground subway being called the "el" for elevated). The grain is raised in the elevator, and then released via gravity into waiting trucks or trains. And yes, I enjoyed out photo forages, as well.

    ReplyDelete